A wedding is a joyous, creative, celebratory occasion and we enjoy welcoming couples to make this commitment to each other in Netherton and Sefton. We will work with you to make sure your wedding is the day you hope it will be, saying sacred words to the person you love surrounded by the people who love you both.
If desired, organist and (and choir at Sefton) will support you in your singing and in your musical choices, further enhancing your day. The bell ringers can also be booked at Sefton to play as guests and bride arrive, and as the couple leave the church as husband and wife.
You can marry in one of the team churches if you can show that one of you:
- has at any time lived in the parish for a period of at least 6 months, or
- was baptised (christened) in the parish concerned, or
- is confirmed and your confirmation was entered in the register of confirmations for a church or chapel in the parish (this will usually be the case if you were prepared for confirmation in the parish), or
- has at any time regularly gone to normal church services in the parish church for a period of at least 6 months
that one of your parents, at any time after you were born:
- has lived in the parish for a period of at least 6 months, or
- has regularly gone to normal church services in the parish church for a period of at least 6 months
that one of your grandparents was married in the church
If none of these apply to you, we would need to establish a qualifying connection through regular and consistent church attendance, at least monthly for 6 consecutive months – attendance in such situations Is recorded, as we have to evidence the legal right to be married here to the Registrar General’s office if requested.